Friday, November 27, 2009

Sure do love Black Friday

I love Black Friday! I think it is a great way to get into the holiday spirit! I love the crowds and the madness as a kickoff to the holiday shopping season. Preston, Megan, and I went to Toys R Us at midnight on Thanksgiving night. There is only one store in Idaho which was made very well known by the thousands of people lined up around the entire strip mall that had the store in it. We waited in line for about 20 minutes and were able to get in. They weren't stopping anyone from getting in so there were probably well over 1000 people in the store! Crazy! We stood in line for about 3 1/2 hours and got home around 4 am after stopping at Jack in the Box on the way home! Needless to say, that was my only Black Friday shopping, and I purely just went for the experience, I wasn't even buying! Call me crazy but I think it is great!
As you can imagine, 3 1/2 hours gets really long standing in line so we took a few pictures while we were standing in line and made a few friends and maybe a few unfriends (aka the lady standing behind us in this picture, talk about scrooge...haha!)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mer! Thanks for keeping my husband company so that my kids can have Christmas! :) Megan feels priviledged that she finally made it on your blog! Hopefully, I will be on there someday as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so you were one of the crazies at toys r us? haha looks like F-U-N!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Friend! Cute blog! We are limited in ours with backgrounds because Jeremy gets mad if i make it too girly. We need to talk soon. I will have to tell you about my black friday experience. It was traumatizing and I will never go again!

    ReplyDelete