Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It has been way too long!

I didn't realize I hadn't posted since June. Time flies! I can't believe summer is over but on to fall (my favorite of the seasons.) Summer was great with much time spent at the pool and seven peaks as well as road trips with my roomies to Boise. I have made it a personal goal to introduce my favorite people to the awesomeness of Boise! It is a hidden treasure for sure! At the beginning of July, my friend Brooke and I went to Seattle and Canada for a week with one of our good friends Stephen. It was a lot of fun. Here are some highlights...


We drove to Seattle from Boise. That next morning we woke up and saw the sights of Seattle. We went to Beth's cafe featured on Man vs. Food. It was delicious. We went and saw the troll statue under the bridge, went to the space needle, then took the Monorail to Pike's Place.
The next day was the fourth of July and we went to Canada to celebrate our country's independence. It was actually kind of sad. We did find a strip of land where there were a bunch of people parked and watching the fireworks from the very edge of the American border. So we did get to see some very small fireworks in the distance. We stayed for the next few days in Victoria, British Columbia. It was beautiful!


In Victoria, we had tea at the Empress hotel, took a haunted walk where they told you ghost stories about all the buildings around where we were staying, and discovered Royal Roads University. The castle looking building below is one of the buildings at the university. It was a really pretty campus.
The next day we drove to Nanaimo and ate Nanaimo bars in Nanaimo. If you have never had a Nanaimo bar put it on your bucket list right now of things to eat before you die because they are incredible. Then we took the ferry to Vancouver.In Vancouver, we stayed at a posh five star hotel. It was great! We saw the Olympic torch, shopped on Robison street, rode beach cruisers around Stanley Park, had the best halibut and chips ever on Granville Island, and went up to Grouse Mountain.
We had such a fun trip and it was a great break from work for me! The next month I moved into a new apartment in Provo. I am loving it. I live at Omni apartments. I think it will be a fun ward and a good change. I love fall!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun trip Mer! Looks like a great time. I say the next roadtrip is to Sacramento and San Francisco. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was supposed to come to San Fran in August and it fell through. I am getting closer to coming to see you!

    ReplyDelete