Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Shingles
On Saturday morning I noticed a weird rash starting to develop on my back. It kind of hurt worse than a normal rash but I didn't think anything of it. The next day I noticed a rash on the same place on my stomach that it was on on my back. Sunday night I put cortisone cream on it before I went to bed. I woke up Monday morning and they were both bigger with larger red bumps. I was at work that day and noticed a sharp pain that seemed to be going through my body from my stomach to my back. It was uncomfortable so I took Ibuprofen when I got home and finally started to think that this was something more than just a normal rash. I went to work on Tuesday and asked one of the resident doctors that works on our floor to look and see. The verdict...shingles. So he wrote me a prescription. The one good thing that came out of this...a free doctor's visit. All I have to say is shingles is very painful and this medicine has taken a lot of energy out of me. Yuck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had shingles when I was like 11 and they HURT!!! feels like pins and needles. ouch! sorry you got that! it's weird how the rash follows your nerves, but hope you are all better!
ReplyDelete